Tuesday 29 July 2014

2010: The Start of the Fall

Looking back, 2010 was the year when everything start to go downhill.

My great grandma died (She was 102 years old).
My grandad died of cancer.
My parents told me they where separating.

This was quite a lot for a 16 year old to go through. I mean, on top of all that I had my GCSEs and was going to start sixth form. It was a stressful time and is not a year that I like to remember.

When my great grandma died, I was devastated. She was a woman that I thought would live forever, but deep down I knew what was coming and when I found out I was surprised. But that doesn't make it any easier.

When my granddad died, I was inconsolable. I was devastated. He was there for me throughout everything. He would come see me in shows and fall asleep, but he always woke up to watch me. He was a smoker, and ultimately that's what killed him. I had many arguments with him begging him to stop smoking but he never listened. 
The last thing I ever said to him was 'night, night. I love you' and kissed his forehead as he slept. I will never forget that day. Him grasping onto my hand so tightly when he realised I was there.

I wish I never let go. 


In my room at university, I have a lot of pictures of my friends and family. But I only have two pictures framed. Me and him.

My god, this is so hard to write!
I'm going to move onto something else.

A couple of month later, during the summer holidays, I was told that my mum and dad didn't love each other anymore. Instantly I thought it was my fault. I was a hormonal teenager; always causing stupid fights at home. 

Everything was falling apart in the space of six months.

That's when it started to hurt to go to the toilet. When I say hurt, I mean, 'felt like I was giving birth from my bum'. When it was at its worst, I would be in the bathroom for about an hour, crying. It was horrible. I would go to the toilet at college but I would never tell my friends where I was going because I new I could be a while and I didn't want any awkward questions.

It's AMAZING what stress can do to your body without you even knowing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment